To celebrate 50 years of this innovative franchise, EON Productions opened their archives of photos, designs, storyboards, and production materials to editor Paul Duncan, who spent two years researching over one million images and 100 filing cabinets of documentation. The result isthe most complete account of the making of the series, covering every James Bond film ever made, beginning withDr. No(1962) and ending with the upcomingSkyfall(2012), including the spoofCasino Royale(1967) andNever Say Never Again(1983).
The stunning imagery isaccompanied by an oral history recounted by over 150 cast and crew members, relating the true inside story of how the Bond films were made. Containingpreviously unpublished photography and artwork, as well as production memos from filming, this book is a comprehensive tribute to the legend of James Bond.
- Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the most successful and longest-running film franchise in cinema history!
- Made with unrestricted access to the Bond archives, this XL tome recounts the entire history of James Bond in words and pictures
- Among the 1,100 images are many previously unseen stills, on-set photos, memos, documents, storyboards, posters, and designs, plus unused concepts, and alternative designs
- Behind-the-scenes stories from the people who were there: producers, directors, actors, screenwriters, production designers, special effects technicians, stuntmen, and other crew members
- Includes every Bond film ever made, fromDr. No(1962) toSkyfall(2012)
- Special bonus included with the first print run of the book only: an original strip of film fromDr. No
James Bond films © 1962–2012 Danjaq, LLC and United Artists Corporation.
All rights reserved.
Also available in 2 Art Editions, each limited to 250 copies.